Medicating a healthy active child should be the
very LAST resort.
Pray for Everybody Who Influences Your Children
Let's face it, most children are at school or daycare for an average of 9 hours a day. They spend on average 10 hours a day sleeping and eating. Factoring in mid-week church, after school activities, and homework, parents have less than 5 hours a day to influence their children.
Doesn’t it seem reasonable and sensible to spend time in prayer for those who are influencing your children? I have found such truth and strength in accepting the village to help train my children. God has blessed each child with a village of partners.
Somewhere along the way the parenting message has been misinterpreted. Parents, especially mothers, believe every part of the training of their child is their responsibility. It is true you have been chosen to effectively manage their training. But it is also true that the village must be allowed to fulfill their purpose in the training.
Each pastor, Sunday school teacher, musician, coach, teacher, administrator, cafeteria worker, bus driver, business owner, and the list goes on, has a specific role in partnering with you to train your child. God chose these partners before your child was born.
Understand that you will not like every member of the partnership. God’s goal is not for you to like all the partners. His goal is for your child to mature in the partnership. It takes partners you like as well as the ones you don’t like to mature your child. If your child only experienced the good in life, they would crumble when pressure comes.
Pray for those who partner with you in influencing your child for maturity in Christ.
1. Praise God for choosing the persons who will partner with you in training your child for an abundant life.
2. Praise God for the institution in which the partnership will flourish.
3. Ask God to help you trust His decision for the partnership.
4. Ask God to help you share the training responsibilities with the persons assigned to your child.
5. Ask God to allow the time your child spends with any person in the partnership to be positive.
6. Ask God to help your child find favor with the partners He chose.
7. Thank the Lord for His grand plan.
8. Thank the Lord for enlarging your child’s territory and stretching their possibilities.
9. Thank the Lord for this partnership which will mature them for future success.
10. Thank the Lord for allowing you to be the parent in the partnership.
Viewing the influencers in your child’s life as partners sent from God should assist you in valuing their contribution. Each person is an asset that should be appreciated. When God adds a partner to your family portfolio, the dividends are His reward.
Friday's Blog "Teach Your Child to Resolve Their OWN Conflicts" - Mama I Got This.